Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Things My Track Team Has Taught Me

The one and only Madison Carr got a hold of my computer and left the Internet a lovely message about how I am no longer going to Camp Daggett so I can stalk her. But let's face it, why in the world would I trade anything for my precious Camp Daggett? If you know, please tell me.

You may remember last week I told you how I was spending the weekend in the one and only Vernal. Well I realized I never told you why.

Basically I made the region team for track!! But you know I don't run, like at all, so I made it for the throwing portion of track & field. 

And I wasn't sitting around doing nothing all day as much as I thought I would. But that's not including the three hour bus ride both ways. That was a lot of sitting on my butt with nothing to do! And on the bus ride back we only had one bus for EVERYONE because EVERYONE made finals and the coached didn't plan on EVERYONE making finals. So this caused me to have to share a seat... at least I was with Lane.
Did I mention we were region champs for girls and boys?
Yeah, girls only beat Morgan High School by 1 point, that's
one 6th place Park City person instead of a Morgan person.

Speaking of the devil...

What?

I didn't say anything.

Lane's Jesus, I think you misread.

Anyways, she made it for long jump and she totally crushed the competition! I only got to watch her first jumps and I didn't get see her compete in finals, sadly.She did FANTASTIC! She reached her goal of fourteen feet for the season and she got sixth! Which means she was on that podium!!

Me?

Pshhh.

I know you don't care.

But since you asked, I didn't podium at all or make finals (except in javelin I was only one person away from making finals and I was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!) But I threw a personal record in javelin & shot put; Discus sucked but only because my coach didn't tell me I was throwing that until the day of so I hadn't practiced it in about two weeks.

Enough of this boring results stuff, on to the fun stuff.

So if you click the read more button, you can find out what my "throwing team" has taught me. (And you can see more pictures than you would ever want to see.)



What The Throwing Weirdos Have Taught Me

Disclaimer: You should know that to them, I'm not Morgan, I'm Beds. Exactly. Just like a bed that you sleep in.

This name came about by the wonderful Kambridge. The first week of practice I had cornrows still and lots of beads. And she couldn't pronounce beads so I became Beds.

I Hurt Myself A Lot

Wether it's getting almost knocked out by sprinters, randomly having my legs begin to bleed, always tripping, getting scratches or slamming my fingers in car doors, no one likes to point these things out to me more than these monkeys.

I Don't Talk Very Much

I really thought I talk quiet a bit but apparently I don't. I guess I just didn't have anything to say and at first I didn't really know any of them, so I just kinda kept to myself.

And here are moments that I remember that the topic of me not talking came up:

"Beds would be most likely to be the sociopath out of the group. She just always there, never talking, just observing and watching, plotting her revenge on all of us."

"You're so quiet compared to the other Freshman." (Let me point out the other freshman were Brody and Eli who are the most outgoing social butterflies you'll ever meet.)

I was asked many times, "Why are you so quiet?"

"Woah. She speaks!"

"What do you mean she doesn't talk? Morgan talks, you just have to talk to her and she'll respond, at least most of the time."

"Morgan's like a little sassy no talking person. She hardly talks but when she does, she's sassier than my twelve-year-old sister."

So, yeah.

Every Time I Throw, I Stick Out My Tongue

I can actually thank my mom for pointing this one out for me. No better way to prove to you by showing you.
Double chins and stickin' out the tongue is the only way
to throw far
How Normal People Dance

It was the week of Prom and everyone was exchanging dance moves (each out coach) and I was just kinda standing there awkwardly and then of course they made sure I learned all of them too for future reference.

I'm Stronger Than I Think

It was one track meet at Wasatch and Lane had her spikes on so I carried her up to the top of the bleachers to our stuff and it really was no big deal, Lane's as light as a feather. But coach Herr was in AWE that I carried her up the stairs bridal style and just set her down and was like "Humph no big deal." So the next day at practice he was telling EVERY SINGLE coach that I had carried her up the stairs. And he was like, "How come you aren't throwing that shot put at fifty feet? I think you're a lot stronger than you think. You just have to know in your head, that the shot put isn't heavy and put all the muscle you have into it."

We had to lift everyday after practice and I just didn't realize that I could add more weight. During each thing we had to do, everyone was like "Com'n Beds! Add more weight!!" One day when we had to lunges, I started with a 45 pound bar and by the last set I had an 80 pound bar on my back.

Tanner Than I Realize

Every meet we went, tons of people would ask, "Where'd you go? You're so tan!!" And my response, "Oh I just tan easily." And then they rant on forever about how lucky I am and they wish they had my skin blah blah blah.

Then there's Tressa who ALWAYS has sunscreen with her and is so worried she's gonna burn when it snowing.

How To Get Rid Of A Dead Body

If you've ever heard or been apart of a conversation with Tressa and Kambridge, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Wether it's getting rid of the evidence through a bathtub full of chemicals, making the body parts into dolls, eating the body or selling the parts on EBay, they have thought of every way possible.

They also gave me many clever ideas of how to make the body a dead body. The most disturbing part was about how elaborate the plans were, so if you ever need anyone to go bye-bye, just contact these two.

Along with their prank they plan to pull on the school, to fill the sprinkler system with blood then pull the fire alarm and blood will be spurting everywhere and they'd be in pure bliss.

I'm Short

Like I didn't already know that, but thanks for pointing it out.

I Wanna Actually Be Able To Play My Ukulele

At the region track meet there was this kid who was playing his ukulele and he had literally his whole team singing along with him. (And I was so determined to become his best friend, but that never happened.) It seemed like literally the perfect experience, they all seemed to happy and having fun. I want that to happen with my ukulele, everyone singing along, having fun and everyone's just happy.

So here's what you came here for, the pictures:

To hot to handle
Single as a Pringle and ready to mingle
We're cute
So Madison deleted the cutest picture of her ever laughing
in the rain off my phone and I have no way to get it back
so here's another picture of her and Madi laughing, but it's
not as good. Shame on you Madison.
It's a tradition for Lane and I to take a picture with the Union
sign and I zoomed in on her face, and isn't she beautiful!?!
I like this one because I have so much concentration on my
face and I'm not sticking out my tongue.
Trying to keep warm

2 comments:

  1. So are you done with your blog? Are you gonna start a new one? I loved reading your blog and I hope I can keep stalking you in the future if you keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to keep this blog just change the URL but that might make it a little harder for you to stalk me! ;) And you better keep yours so I can keep stalking you!

      Delete