Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Crusin' Like A Norwegian

I used to think February Break was the most pointless break in the whole entire universe.  
(And it still is.)
This was the ship and see each of those red line looking
things? Well, each of those hold over 300 people and each
dot is a room balcony. If that gives you any idea of how
big it is. 

But this break wasn't so boring.

Because I was CRUISN' LIKE A NORWEGIAN!!!

I had the awesome opportunity to go on a cruise with one of my best friends Alexa and the rest of her family. We went on a new ship called the Norwegian Getaway apart of the Norwegian Cruise Line.

I can't even begin to explain how HUGE the ship is!!! Just imagine an eighteen story hotel that's 1,068.3 feet long floating in the ocean. And there ya go, there's my house for a week. But the weird thing is, by the second day we already knew our way around the whole ship.

I have so many great stories from this trip, I don't even know were to begin.

And to many pictures... I think this is almost an all time record so I had to condense them but if you really really REALLY want to seem them, just let me know.

So I've decided to give you My Top Ten Memories from this trip so if you care to know, no one's stoping you but yourself.




10. The Shows

One night we went to Legally Blonde The Musical which I thought was really good, the songs made it even better. One night we went to a magic show on one of the lower decks with lots of flashing lights which caused me to feel really sea sick. And let me tell you, sea sickness is ten times worse than car sickness! But the magic show was way cool! Some illusions I was like I 100% know how to do that and others it was a mind blowing moment.



10. H2Glow

We didn't figure this out until later in the week but each night they have a totally rad dance party on the top deck of the ship. The one night we actually went everyone was either wearing neon or white clothes so everyone was glowing. It was so awesome! It was just a giant dance party in the middle of the calm ocean.


9. Corn Rows
I felt bald, like a person from avatar, and a zombie.

Two hours of my life was spent sitting on the beach while some lady braided my hair. And it actually hurt, not a lot but just enough to make my head bleed. I know what you're thinking OHMYGOD THE LADY MADE YOUR HEAD BLEAD?!?! THAT MUST HAVE HURT A TOOOON!?! She said I had a sensitive scalp and that's why it bled but really it didn't hurt, that much. I still have it in, today makes it a week and I was originally planning on taking it out but I actually really like it.

8. Tree Linin'

One day when we were at the port of St. Thomas, Alexa, her dad and I did a zip lining excursion. It was one of my favorite experiences of the whole trip. It just gives you that sensation like you're flying through the trees and how cool would it be if you had wings and could fly? And the views from the platforms left me speechless, the water was bluer than blue along with islands as far as I could see. The part that made it even better was the guides helping you at each platform. They were hilarious with a great sense of humor that would just keep making jokes. Definitely my type of person.

7. My Bed

IT CAME FROM THE CELING!!! Enough said.

6. Ice Bar (And I wasn't drinking alcohol I promise, it's called a virgin drink.)

This was us in the ice bar with our eskimo coats.

There's this bar that's entirely made out of ice along with a bunch of cool ice sculptures. We called it The Freeze Your Butt Of Bar. You had to put these special coats on to keep you warm considering everyone's in shorts and a t-shirt, plus it was -6 degrees Celsius inside the bar. Even the cups were made out of ice! Well at least the part you drank from, the handle was plastic.

4. Walk The Plank

You know how in pirate movies they tell the bad people to "WALK THE PLANK"? Yeah well I had to, eighteen stories above the ocean. But once I jumped I swam fast enough to catch up to the boat so that's why I am still here today. Just kidding I was strapped on and never had to jump.

3. The Tube Of Death

First you step into a capsule that seems like one you would time travel in. You have a mat strapped to your back, standing on a solid surface, with water running behind you and then out the floor you're standing on. Then a robotic lady counts down: three, two, one and on one the floor drops out from under you you go flying down the water slide, up again and back down. I almost peed my pants the first time I went on it but then I went on it like every chance I could.

2. THE FOOD!!!

Each time I'd go between places on the ship either the pool, the room, the ropes course or any other place I'd stop at the Garden Cafe. What's at The Garden Cafe? FOOD! It has self-serve, soft-serve vanilla ice cream, the greatest bread I've ever tasted, delicious french fries and of course more food. Along with a 24 hour pizza bar, I think yes!

*Drum roll please*

1. I Am Forever Still In Love With Dolphins
This is my secret lover Gaya.

Dolphins. Are like my most favoritst thing ever! They have been ever since elementary school and I have no idea why. It's always been a life goal of mine to swim with dolphins because in fourth grade I got to pet a dolphin and other people got to swim them and I was forever envious of them. And this trip my wish came true.
It was one of the greatest sensations of my life. The dolphins seem to always be so happy, energetic and love to show off their tricks. I'm still in such shock I don't know how to put it into words. Words just can't describe the sensation, you have to go experience it yourself.

I hope one day all of you reading this can go on a trip that's as wonderful or just make as many great memories as I did.

Adios mis amigos! (And yes I speak Spanish.)

P.S. I bet you didn't notice I skipped the number five?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks god for the delicious bread. Wouldn't have been the same without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably already know this but I'M GOING ON THE SAME CRUISE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude I know!!! (I'll have to give you all the advice on the good things and the bad.)

      Delete