Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

School Time Sadness

So school officially sucks.
I typically fall asleep while reading from a textbook





And don't argue with me because you know it's true.




I survived the week! But just barely...



This might sound weird but I actually learned a lot this week.


Not just actual school stuff but life lessons... I know weird.

So here they are:




1. The future is key 

I had a clarinet lesson this week and my teacher was helping me prepare for an audition for Wind Ensemble (the highest level concert band my high school offers). And it was just like a normal clarinet lesson but at the end she gave me some last reminders to make sure I do well on the audition. These reminders were: Confidence, Stay in the future, and Breathe- Lots of air! Now all of those pertain directly to the clarinet but I took away a few life lessons there.

Confidence: Literal- I have to have the confidence because if the confidence isn't there neither is the rest of what I have to show. What I took away from it- You should be confident in everything you do, even if it might be a failure, own up to the situation and do the best you can.

Breathe- Lots of air: Literal- Well duh! You need air to breath... but you need enough air to be heard, not just background music. The goal is to make music and you have to do that by being heard, not hiding in the shadows of other. What I took away from it- If you're gonna say it, say it loud. Make sure you're heard by others not just the person sitting next to you

Stay in the future: Literal- If I made a mistake during the audition, I had to forget about it and just focus on the future notes so I won't screw those up too. What I took away from it- But that's a deep subject... What's in the past is in the past. It's done. It've over. It's happened and there's nothing you can do about it. So begin to move on. And focus on the future.

Last time I asked him when I would get them off. And
his response was... a laugh. Photo Credit
Sorry for the whole #inspiration unless you liked it... I could do more of it. Although I know all y'all prefer my embarrassing videos which FYI there will be one next week.

2. I can't eat goldfish without having to brush my teeth ten times afterwards

Braces.

The reason for all this.

I JUST WANT THEM OFF ALREADY!!! (Is that to much to ask?)

3. School. Sucks.

It's not so much school I hate... it's the homework. And projects. And tests. And make-up assignments. And teachers thinking I don't have a life besides their class and I can stay up until all hours of the night doing their assignments & studying. Oh and I forgot some where in there is.... Track. Clarinet. Saxophone. Skiing. Eating. Maybe getting a few hours of sleep. And possibly actually having a social life. But that's what I get for taking all honors and AP classes. Oh joy.

And it's to that point in the year where everyone just feels like... blah. Am I right? or am I right? It's the "I really don't feel like doing this""I'm so done with school.""SUMMER!!!""I'm 100% done with all their homework & tests.""I don't even care anymore..." Which I say like every other word but then again... I still try my hardest which leads me to the next thing I learned... 

4. Hard work pays off

This past week I was swamped with make-up assignments, make-up tests, even more assignments and tests, an audition, reading assignments for English and Geography and reading notes. I brought stress to a whole new level, it was ridiculous! But I got almost no sleep so I could make sure I got it all done and studied for all my tests and lets just say the hard work payed off.

5. I'm counting down the seconds until I can go to Camp Daggett

So I found out I get to return to Camp Daggett this summer as staff and IM BEYOND EXCITED! I literally can not wait. I get to go for two weeks instead of just one! There are going to be many other kids that I went to camp with before and I can't wait to see them again. I'm a staff member!

WAHOOOOOO!

I literally can not contain my excitement!

I just want it to be July 13th already!


(Oh and I thought my title was pretty clever.... you know the song Summertime Sadness?  Who doesn't? Maybe you if you have less of a social life than me... But it's school time sadness rather than summertime sadness! See what I did there?)

As my parents call it, Morgan's Precious Camp Daggett


I'm missing the cruise life (and the bread)

On the weekends when I'm not doing homework, I'm at the
ice rink watching my brother play hockey



P.S. Do you wanna know a secret?























YOU'RE AWESOME!!!

3 comments:

  1. This post is awesome!!! INSPIRATIONAL <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well this is awkward....I don't know the song Summertime Sadness....I have less of a social life than Morgan.....what will I do with myself?

    ReplyDelete